Friday, April 2, 2010

Preparing video for Flash

I have some video that I have prepared to play in Flash on a website, but I am having mucho problems getting Flash to recognize the files I want to play. I am using the Final Cut Studio - FCP to prep, and Compressor to encode. I must be doing something wrong encoding or preparing the video for Flash. I'd use Adobe Encoder, but it doesn't compress anywhere close to the efficiency necessary, so I'm trying to properly perpare them in Compressor.

Any suggestions/tips?

Preparing video for Flash

are you creating flv files??if so, are you using the flvplayback component in flash to play the flv file?

Preparing video for Flash

I was using Compressor for all my encoding, but I finally just gave up on that and used the Adobe Media Encoder. I admit, it works better than I gave it credit for. So everything works fine now, but I'm a little surprised that Flash doesn't readily ingest codecs from Compressor. Encoder works fine, but Compressor defintely gives you a better 'bang for the buck' IRT quality vs. file size.

Thanks for the help.

you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment