Friday, April 2, 2010

Cannot uninstall Acrobat 8 Pro

I got a new laptop that has Vista 64-bit version on it and tried to install my Creative Suite 3 on it just installing Photoshop and Acrobat. At the time I was running the laptop off the battery and it was getting really low by the time the instalation was done, and it told me to restart to finish. Well since I know it takes a good amount of power to boot up a computer I just waited to let it die so I could plug it in. Well when I tried to open a pdf file Acrobat would right away stop responing, when it would finllay respond it would say there was some kind of error and to try reinstalling it. Photoshop would quit responding right away too. Now I don''t know if it's because I let the batter die and didn't restart first or if CS3 is just not compatible with the 64-bit version of Vista. But when I tried to uninstall everything when it got to uninstalling Acrobat something called AcroTray would quit respoding or something and need to be closed. And Acrobat would not uninstall. Now the uninstall just sits there saying that it's uninstalling Acrobat but it doesn't really seem to be doing anything. So how am I supposed to get it uninstalled, and does anyone know if CS3 is compatible with the 64-bit version of Vista?

Cannot uninstall Acrobat 8 Pro

There's a microsoft installer cleanup tool that may help.?And no I don't think Acrobat is supported on 64 bit but a quick look at the Adobe specs should tell you.

Cannot uninstall Acrobat 8 Pro

I think AA8.1.3 may have supported X64, but not earlier.

Thanks for your help guys. I did find a systems specs that said that CS3 is certified for the 32-bit version of Vista, so that pretty much sucks. I'm getting a free ugrade to Windows 7 when it comes out so hopefully CS3 will be compatible with Windows 7.

Probably not if it is still a X64 system.

No comments:

Post a Comment