Friday, April 2, 2010

Can't see layers on panels

I have PSCS4 Extended. I have open on the side panel Color, Adjustments and Layers, when I open up a photo the Color and adjustments panels show, but the layer panel is grayed out. If I double click the Layer Tab it opens but closes the adjustment panel. If I click the Channels or Paths Tab everything stays open and the Channel shows me the RGB. However, if I close the color or adjustment panel and click the Layers tab the background layer shows. If I open the color or adjustment panel the layer panel grays out again. Is this normal? Looking at tutorals they have all three showing. I hope this is clearer than mud. Any help appreciated.

Can't see layers on panels

The layers will be grayed out unless you have a layer. Double clicking closes and opens. Once you make a layer, like a adjustment layer, then it will not be grayed out.

Can't see layers on panels

Let me see if I'm doing this right. Forgive im new at this. I have a background layer. Do I then click on Layer and select New then Layer. New Layer box comes up name it layer1, click OK. The Layer panel is still grayed out. If I click Windows and then click layer, it opens with the layer1 and background layer but it closes the Adjustment Panel. I'm doing something wrong, this seems like a easy fix.

Ugh, go into edit, preferences, performance, and disable the OPEN-GL setting.

next upgrade your video card. Not sure how to do that, contact your Computer Manufacturer. Also try updating your video card drivers. Not sure how to do that, contact your computer manufacturer. Its what they get paid for.

I disabled OPEN GL setting didn't work. I don't think it's my video card, I have a ATI Radeon HD 4870 GDDR5 1024MB. I'll fool around with it maybe I'll come across something that works. Any more ideas will be gladly taken. Thanks for the prompt answers.

There is nothing wrong with your card. What Operating system are you using? also 32 or 64 bit?

When you open a photo, any ole one will do, one easy way to make a layer is just click a icon in the ''Add an Adjustment'' Area. Click on the Graph looking one, it is called ''Curves''. Right above your picture or background in the layers area it should say ''Curves 1''. Play around with it by adjusting the line up or down or sideays and try the icons for different effects in the ''Curves'' box. After messing with it you can always delete the curves layer by right clicking on the curves layer. Then go select another to play around with or add to the layer list for different effects.

Using 64 bit. Did suggestion still the same. I don't know if this means anything, but on the selection line Windows when I look it has Color and Adjustments checked but not Layers. If I check Layers it closes Adjustments, and vice-versa. Can you only have two items checked and not three? Oh! before I forget on my other PC i'm using 32 bit. Again thanks

maybe it's because your resolution too low to show 3 open panels in a column. What resolution are you using?

What Operating system: XP or Vista??Did you update photoshop to 11.0.1?

If you have 3 items in the window line checked you can still see the 3 tabs on the right side of photoshop correct? However, 2 are open full and one is closed but the tab is there? That is normal.

It should not matter how many you have checked in in the windows line. What size is your monitor and are you running the monitor at full view?

I have all 3 checked in the as default on my system. Clicking on them will open and close them as advrtised. If your screen is not big enough then something will close. All you have to do is click on it.

Vista, is updated to 11.0.1.

Ok understand that is normal

Monitor is 24'', Resolution:1024x768 Sorry don't know what you mean by full view

I hope this info helps

That resolution sounds too small.

Right click on the screen, go to personalization, display settings.

Look for the slider.

Slide it over to the right as far as you can. mine is a 24 inch and it is set as 1920 x 1200?pixels. you should always run your monitor at highest resolution it is designed for. hit apply and save when the window pops up asking. Then ok to close out.

dec9 you are the man. Many thanks to all who replied, thanks for hanging in there with me.

Welcome. Glad it worked out.

Glad to see it was somethign as simple as your resolution. Amazing what scaling that up to max will do for a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment