Friday, April 2, 2010

Internet Audio Problems

The problem has very recently come up. I was able to live stream netflix, youtube videos and audio from grooveshark.com without any problem at all. Now today there is something wrong with the audio.
The problem I am having now is that the audio breaks up like there is a buffering problem. While watching a movie on netflix, a video on youtube, or even streaming music on any website, the audio is the only problem. The video and audio will be perfectly fine for the first 10 seconds or so then all of a sudden the audio will go silent but the video will continue. Eventually after about 5 seconds the audio will return in perfect sync with the video then cut out again and again.
This problem only occurs on the internet. I can play movies and audio files that are on my hard drive without this issue; the problem only arises when I visit external places like youtube or netflix, ect. (all places that use Flashplayer)
I asked the people who used the computer last and someone said they had installed the latest version of Winamp over the pre-existing version and the installation popped up windows asking to ''ignore'' some files or to ''cancel'' the installation. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest flash player 10, uninstalled winamp and reinstalled it, tried system restore back to yesterday and the day before, and I have also manually deleted all my temporary internet files to no avail. Furthermore I have increased the amount of temporary file space adobe has available in the adobe settings from 100kb to 1mb; but again that didn't solve the issue.

I have also looked at my Device Manager to see if anything was amiss and I noticed some yellow ?'s but I don't believe they are the real problem. (see attached image)

*this problem is not related to how fast my internet is; for example, I've never had to buffer a netflix video...let alone when I did wait for the video to load a little, the problem still persisted*

No comments:

Post a Comment