Friday, April 2, 2010

CR changing colors

Hello, rookie here, please help:

I Have PS4, CR 5.4 and Canon 40D. When I open images in Bridge or CR, images change in color. They didn't look like they were on camera or as they look in canon software. Why this is happenning?
It looks like photoshop put all images to look the same, instead of keeping their differences: for exemple, two images, one with null colors other with vivid ones, appears the same when open by PS...

CR changing colors

...also:

why does CR assume some values for each photo opened (blacks: 5; brightness: +50; contrast: +25) for all images opened?

CR changing colors

This has been discussed here at nauseam.?Please browse older threads.

Bridge will initially show you the in-camera generated built-in preview.?Then ACR builds a true preview based on the actual raw data.

ACR's rendition is not designed to emulate what you saw in the camera LCD.

Check your Camera Raw preferences and make sure you have not checked the box to automatically apply Camera Raw adjustments.

You need to learn how to use Adobe Camera Raw.?Here's some essential reading for you:

CLICK HERE

barrento wrote:

...also:

why does CR assume some values for each photo opened (blacks: 5; brightness: +50; contrast: +25) for all images opened?

Bridge will initially show you the in-camera generated built-in
preview.?Then ACR builds a true preview based on the actual raw
data.

Jumping Walrus wrote:

Bridge will initially show you the in-camera generated built-in
preview.?Then ACR builds a true preview based on the actual raw
data.

Your post is slanderous, abusive, offensive and contributes nothing.

Clicking on your profile reveals absolutely no other contributions from you other than the two unfortunate interventions in this one thread and no other posting history whatsoever.

Report it to the moderators and let them decide.

Thank you, but I did not ask you for advice, nor do I need any from the likes of you.

Ok, thank you for the answers, not thank you to your private discussion

I did a lot of research about that here in forum, but I dont think I it was clear enough (maybe because of my bad english), or maybe you are right and i need to learn much more about raw...that楹搒 what I will do.

This Jumping Walrus (what an appropriate moniker!) is now engaging in a senseless, unproductive vendetta without a single redeeming value and without contributing a thing to the discussion, the topic or the forum.

His charges of ''misinformation'' are frivolous, without merit and false on their face.?I'm happy to let his posts speak for themselves, as well as mine.

He is the one who suggested I report his abuse.?Now he doesn't like ''my tone''.?

* Plonk!?%26lt;閳ユ柡鈧?sound of Jumping Walrus being plonked.

You are more than welcome, Barrento.

My point was to stress to you that Adobe Camera Raw has matured into a very complex, powerful and professional application of its own, and that it takes more than just fiddling with a few sliders.?The book I recommended [CLICK HERE] and which I hereby recommend again is excellent.

Sorry about the interruption by someone who failed to contribute anything of value to this discussion.

It's posters like you, Barrento, who have been thanking me publicly and privately for the last six years and over something like forty-thousand public posts on these Adobe forums, that make it worthwhile for me to give back some of what I have gained here over the years myself.

I can't help the few that come into the forums just itching for a fight閳ユ攣nd inevitably find it.

Incidentally, Barrento, if my post had been ''full of errors'', you could have counted on Thomas Knoll and Jeff Schewe to set me straight right away in no uncertain terms.?Perhaps they still will, but maybe my post was not that bad after all.??My points were:

ACR's rendition is not designed to emulate what you saw in the camera LCD.

Bridge will initially show you the in-camera generated built-in
preview based on the camera manufacturers criteria, which are different from ACR's.?

Then ACR builds its own preview based on the actual raw data.?That's what I refer to as a true Bridge preview, as opposed to the initially shown built-in in-camera-generated preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment