Friday, April 2, 2010

How to change default time for titles...

Hi Guys

The default time when adding titles to the timeline is 6 seconds. I find this a bit long %26amp; I change it to 4 seconds.

The problem is I have to change all of the titles, one by one, to 4 seconds %26amp; it's time consuming %26amp; annoying.

I tried looking at the preferences but I don't see where to change the default for titles.

Is there a workaround for this perhaps?

Thanks

Walter

How to change default time for titles...

Still image default duration in the Preferences also applies for titles.

Changing the default duration in a project only effects the newly made titles.

Unfortunatly the exciting titles have to be set to the new duration by hand.

How to change default time for titles...

Try this --

select all the titles in the project window

click Ctrl+R

re-set the duration in the window that opens.

That should change all the durations in the titles selected, but it won't change the duration of any titles already in a sequence.

If you have a number of titles in one sequence, you can select all of them and then do the Ctr+-R thing on them in one operation.

Hi Ann %26amp; Jerry

Thanks to both of you... you are both right! I wish Adobe could add the changing of the default time for titles under the titles area in the preferences, instead of one knowing that still images changing of default time affects titles too.

I tried ctrl+r on the titles in the project panel to change the duration of all titles at once %26amp; it worked like a charm.

I haven't tried ctrl+r on titles in a sequence though... PPro crashed on me - I'll try again later.

Still praises to Adobe for being able to apply one video effect to all clips at once in the sequence - that's a cool time saver!

Thanks once again

Thanks to your question and Jerry.K's answer, I learned about Ctrl-r. I've always just done the Edit%26gt;Preferences%26gt;General, and then if I needed to tweak things a bit, have given focus to the Info Panel, while I Click-drag the Head, or Tail. As I often have a shorter ''main Title,'' and then longer ''text Titles,'' I set my main Preferences for the text Titles, and just shorten my main Tilte per the readout in Info.

Good luck,

Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment