Sunday, April 4, 2010

How to Adjust Pitch With Keyframes?

I have a 3 minute audio clip of a voice singing. Lots of it is off key. Can I make several adjustments to the pitch along the timeline with keyframes? I can do it in SONY Sound Forge, but I need to listen to the instrumental audio on a separate track as I make each adjustment and I can't do that in Sound Forge.

How to Adjust Pitch With Keyframes?

I'm not sure Premiere is the right tool for this job.?Usually professional sound software is used for this sort of thing.?Pro Tools and the like.

How to Adjust Pitch With Keyframes?

Can you open a second instance of SoundForge? What about solo'ing Tracks in SoundForge? Doesn't it allow for Multi-track editing?

Adobe Audition will let me easily play one Clip in Multi-track Mode and then switch between that (reference file) and the editing file.

Good luck,

Hunt

Even if I could open up two instances of Sound Forge I couldn't get both audio tracks to play simultaneously. I believe I will have to scrap the idea of editing in Sound Forge and move on to Melodyne. It's just a bit costly.

Now, in Audition, you could mix-down your stereo files and feed one to the left channel of your headphones and the right to the other.

Personally, I'd not want to confemplate doing this, but then I have a tin-ear, so for someone capable, it would probably easier, than it sounds to me.

Good luck,

Hunt

Sound Forge v.9 is multitrack and will even let you watch the video as you go!

That is good info. I do not know SoundForge, so could not help the OP. Audition, as of 2.0 allows the same, but the OP did not have that program.

Thanks,

Hunt

In Soundforge 9.0 I cannot see any way to play 2 tracks while adjusting the pitch on one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment